This post is the rest of our trip to Monterey/Carmel California
On Saturday we drove the 17 mile drive and found some of the most gorgeous beaches i have ever seen.
At one point I decided to hike around this rocky beach by myself. i was enjoying the scenery and perfect temperature until i heard a little scuffle in the sand. I freaked and screamed for Jake- only i had wandered too far away for him to hear me. I thought maybe there was a snake and i was about to get bit but then this little creature scurried off. Thank heavens it was nothing that was planning on harming me.
Lone Cypress that has withstood many years by itself on that rock.
Of course we had to stop at Pebble Beach and see where the U.S. Open was going to take place.
And.....Of course we had to walk away with some expensive blanket Jake was able to justify because he got the lady to give him a discount.
We enjoyed Pina Colada's at a Mexican restaurant while we watched some of the NBA Finals.
On Sunday we drove the famous Big Sur Coastline and it did not disappoint. I loved the scenery, but hated pulling over to the side to take pictures because i thought we were going to go over the edge.
On Monday we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I loved it! I especially loved the flamingo's, sharks, sea turtles and jelly fish.
I loved feeling the sea fish. I also felt a sea cucumber and it was soft and squishy.
Jake touched this stingray.
We then drove around on a Surrey. The surrey was so much fun. Jake pretty much peddled for both of us and i would ring the bell and tell people to get out of the way.
On our last day we went whale watching. We forgot to take pictures but we saw a whole group of whales. One whale blew their snot all over us and it smelled like but hole. haha.
Well that pretty much sums up our trip. We had a great time and it was nice to just be together and relax.
5 comments:
looks like you two had a blast! You guys look great!!!
oh my gosh. This looks like SO much fun! I bet you are so glad you got to do that! hope all is well with working and things!
Looks like you guys had a blast! I am glad I finally get to see your blog!
BoRinG--- wink wink! By the way Kasey got kicked off--- you would have known that if you didn't fall asleep :)
Great Blog....I love it, you two are the cutest couple!
Post a Comment